There's nothing like spending your last beautiful day in Maui on the top of a hill for 7 hours looking at the ocean, waiting for something to happen.
We were woken up at 5:30 AM by Lauren's mom, which although was not fun, was better than being woken up by the Tsunami alarms that started at 6 AM. After packing up all the food/clothes/diapers we could fit in the rental car, we headed to the local airport, located on the closest hill to our hotel. At first, Gabe though it was a great adventure, Dora-style (Where are we going? Tallest Mountain! Where are we going? Tallest Mountain!) But the fun did wear off after about the first 4 hours.
By the way, Hawaiians sure know how to throw a Tsunami Party. I saw more than one van packed to the roof with what I though were their household belongings, only to see them unpack: Portable BBQs, chairs, umbrellas, stereos, and several coolers full of meat and beer. Apparently, I was listening to the wrong news broadcast. Here are some photos of the mayhem.
PS- there was no tsunami.
PPS- I should have packed less diapers and more (some) Rum.
1 comment:
Thanks the pictures and updates to the blog. Its funny that only a parent or grandparent would understand your note saying "Dora-like" adventure and know what you mean. love Papa
Post a Comment