Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Everybody loves a Parade

....except Chris. Maybe one of these years, I can convince him to come along. This year I headed to the annual Hillsboro 4th of July Parade with the 2 boys, Mom, Grandma, Travis and Uncle Darrel. Because we generally find parades interesting for about 20 minutes, we have decided that it is more fun to bring your own candy and throw it at the people in the parade, this can make a parade fun for hours (extra points for hitting Ronald McDonald in the stupid head).
So what Gabe didn't eat, we threw. Which wasn't much. Gabe's favorite part by far...the marching bands. He loved them more than the fire trucks and the horsesAlex pretty much hung out in the wagon in the shade.. He even caught a nap or two. The only rough part of the parade was Uncle Darrel. While I love him like family, he insisted on waiving this sign to the political parties that passed. At least I feel that I got my point across when I teased him about running over the sign with the wagon.
His response: Oh, No, I made that sign strong, it will last 100 years.
Me: That's good, it's going to have to.

No comments: