So, since completing Gabe's room several weeks ago. I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to get him to sleep in his 'big boy bed.' After reading article after article and chapter after chapter, it became clear that I needed to be close to Gabe so that he would feel secure in his new bed and could fall asleep peacefully. Well, this just inspired Gabe to strike up all kinds of conversations and bait me into his games of getting up over and over and over. Finally, I would give up and toss him into his crib so that we could both get some sleep.
As it turns out, you just need to have your husband put the kid to bed, tell him it's time to sleep, no getting up, and shut the door. Your kid will be asleep within 5 minutes. Who Knew? Again, this is just another example of why I should read less and sleep more!
1 comment:
Amen, sista!
Post a Comment